The Lung Organ Network includes aspects of our immune system.
A diagnosis of Lung Heat often means that our immune system needs additional support.
Foods that remove heat and protect the Lungs are recommended.
- Lightly cooked foods and some raw fruits and vegetables are included because of their cooling nature.
- Because most animal sources of protein are heating in nature, these should be replaced with vegetarian protein options.
- The diet should also include plenty of fluids, especially in the form of soups, and should avoid overly oily, spicy or hot dishes.
- Where ever possible choose organically grown foods.
Specific foods for Lung Heat
- Millet, wheat, barley
- Tofu, tempeh, soy milk, mung beans,
- Celery, spinach, swiss chard, cucumber, lettuce, radishes, asparagus, eggplants,
- Cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, watercress, mung bean sprouts, carrots, pumpkins, daikon radish, bamboo shoots, turnips
- Apples, pears, watermelon, peaches, strawberries, lemons, grapefruit, mangos, persimmons
- Peppermint, chrysanthemum flowers, kelp, spirulina
Foods to restrict or avoid
- Chilies, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, shallots, leeks, basil, cloves, wasabi
- Coffee, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, chocolate, tea
- Lamb and large amounts of other red meats, shrimp, prawns, cheese
- All fried foods, BBQ’d foods, cigarettes, alcohol, recreational stimulants