The Yin of the body is as the aspect of the body that nourishes and moistens.
- A diet that is nutrient rich and building is recommended.
- In general it is best to eat foods that are lightly cooked to ensure that nutrients are preserved and are more readily digested and absorbed.
- General dietary recommendations to prevent deficiency include eating smaller meals more frequently and enjoying meals by sitting down to relax while you eat and chewing thoroughly to savor flavors.
- The diet should also include plenty of fluids, especially in the form of soups.
- Where ever possible choose organically grown foods.
Specific foods for Lung Yin deficiency
- Wheat, oats, rice, millet, barley
- Adzuki beans, black beans, mung beans, pine nuts,
- Eggs, dairy in moderate amounts, sheep’s milk, yogurt, tempeh, nuts & seeds, tofu
- Chicken, mackerel, sardines.
- Zucchini, squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, melons, string beans, beets, button mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, tremella mushrooms
- Apples, banana, mulberries, mango, coconut, peaches, apricots
- Olive oil, flaxseed oil, almond oil
- Kelp, spirulina
Foods to restrict or avoid
- Chilies, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, shallots, leeks, basil, cloves, wasabi
- Coffee, vinegar, pickles, tea
- Lamb, shrimp, prawns
- Citrus fruits
- Cigarettes, alcohol, recreational stimulants